Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bridging transformers

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Bridging transformers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    This is slightly off topic- but I think they are standard parts. I've got 4 bridging transformers, not Altec they are Yamaha.
    Model BRT 15K (4 of them).

    New in the box. Octal plugs. 15k-15k.

    Free if anybody needs them. Please email instead of posting. They are in Central Ohio you pay postage.

    They are American made, I don't know by who.
    I just hate to pitch them if somebody can use them. Seeing as how lots of audio guys here thought I'd give it a shot.

    I apologise if this is too off topic.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    If the pin out is the same, they should work. IS it printed on the side of the transformers or is there a paper in the box? Can you show it here?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Bridging transformers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    The pinouts are printed on the label.

    1-6 primary, 7-8 sec.

    Marty has spoken for them. Glad someone could use them. I hate tossing anything someone can use. Too much has been s******* already.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks OG,
    I?ve been digging through my parts looking for a pair that will work well at higher Z with no luck. And don?t worry about them getting s canned, I never throw ANYTHING audio related out. It?s the thing my wife loves most about me forums
    Marty

  5. #5
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by martyh45:
    I never throw ANYTHING audio related out. It?s the thing my wife loves most about me forums
    Marty
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!

    Dave

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Zildjian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2006
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DOH! I'm too slow. The pin configuration sounds like the same as the Altec 15335A bridging transformer, 1-6 primary, 7-8 secondary, 15K at both sides. I need a couple 15335A transformers if anybody has any.
    Thanks,
    Brad

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Bridging transformers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent Marty 4 he may only need two. If I find anymore I'll post- I'm working towards retirement and just don't use this stuff much anymore.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Zildjian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2006
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, I'd sure appreciate it.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Zildjian,
    Drop me an e-mail I can pass two of those transformers along.
    Marty

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Zildjian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2006
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Marty,
    message sent, if you don't get it, let me know and I'll try again.
    Thanks,
    Brad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.